Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who are "The Fabulous Five"?



Left to right.  Ajak Deng, Jeneil Williams, Ataui Deng, Jourdan Dunn, & Melodie Monrose.

They caught my attention, closing the Lanvin show on Friday.  First, for their beauty.  Then, because I noticed they were all of African descent.  Which, you know, we have come a long way but this was the first time someone seemed to make a statement.  Then, I noticed the clothes and how the statement seemed to show the new modern women.  I loved the way Elbaz draped these dresses with loose pants underneath.  I imagined the first African queens meeting their modern day selves.  The women, the statement, the clothes, absolutely beautiful.  It brought me back to my roots since we're all African women.  That's why I'm so excited this is my first post because it's a new beginning for me.  It's full circle.  



                

No comments:

Post a Comment